* All vans must remain on Vancouver Island.
* All renters must be at least 25 years of age.
* As tempting as it may be, our vans are not allowed off road. If any damage or additional fees arise from the use of our vans off road, the renter is liable for 100% of those costs/fees. Our vans do carry 24/7 roadside assistance, but this does not cover off road assistance.
* Kilometre Allowance: Our rentals come with a 200 km allowance per day. This is calculated over the complete duration of your rental. If the renter exceeds the daily allowance, they will be charged at a rate of $.25 per km. The odometer is recorded at both the beginning and ending of a rental.
* Smoking: All of our vans have a 100% no smoking policy in our vans, including e cigarettes. If a renter is found to be in violation of this, they will be assessed a minimum cleaning fee of $350.
* Pets: As much as we love our pets and your’s, we typically do not allow pets. Feel free to make a request and we will see if we can working something out. On the occasion that we do allow a pet, we do collect a non-refundable cleaning fee. If a renter is found to be in violation of this, they will be assessed a minimum cleaning fee of $350.
* All of our rentals have insurance on them, and we charge a $12 per day insurance fee on each reservation
* All renters are responsible for their deductible. You can check with your credit card company to see if your credit card offers any additional insurance coverage on a camper van rental.
* In the event of an accident, you must contact us immediately. We will provide assistance.
* Non-Canadian residents are okay to rent with us, but you must possess a valid drivers license. You must obtain the insurance described above.
Pick up and Drop off:
* We operate our pick up and drop off times similar to a hotel. Check in/Pick up is between 2pm and 6pm and check out/drop off is no later than 11am. It is possible your rental may be able to be picked up earlier than 2pm, but you will need to check with us before picking up.
* It is very important that the rental is returned on time (11am at the latest). If your rental is returned late, you will automatically be charged a late fee. The late fee schedule is as follows: 0-60 minutes late: $50. 60-120 minutes late: $100. Beyond 2 hours late: the renter will be charged a full night’s rent.
* There are no refunds for an early drop off
* The fuel tank will be full at pick up. It is the renter’s responsibility to fill the tank to 100% full before dropping the van off. The fuel station must be within 15KM of the drop off location. If the van is returned without a full tank, the renter will automatically be charged $150.
* Upon pick up and drop off, each vehicle will be inspected for any sort of damage. Any damages or missing items from a vehicle will be charged to the renter/taken from their damage deposit.
* Any sort of damage that exceeds the damage deposit will be the responsibility of the renter and will not be disputed.
* My Vancation offers free pick up and drop off for any rental of five nights or more. This offer applies to any of the ferry terminals and airports in the Nanaimo area. If your reservation is less than 5 nights, we can provide transportation to and from the airport or ferry terminal for $30 each way.
Deposits, Cancellations and Refunds:
*Security Deposit: We collect a $500 deposit on our Delicas and a $1000 security deposit on our Hiace. This is required against damage, unreasonable use, or excessive cleaning requirements. The security deposit is generally released within 3 days after returning the vehicle, if not sooner. This charge is automatically charged to your credit card used for reservations 3 days prior to pick up. Any damages that occur to the rental van or My Vancation property will be deducted from your security deposit.
*If booked directly through our website or Outdoorsy: A reservation deposit of 25% is required at the time of booking. This deposit is non-refundable. If the trip is cancelled within 7 days of the beginning of the reservation, a 50% refund (minus fees) will be issued. If the trip is cancelled more than 7 days away from the beginning of the reservation, a 75% refund (minus fees) will be issued.
*If booked through RVEzy: If cancelled more than 30 days from the date of rental the renter will receive a full refund of the deposit that was paid minus the RVezy service fee of the overall booking. If cancelled less than 30 days but more than 7 days from the date of rental
My Vancation will receive 50% of the rental amount and the remainder will be refunded to the renter minus RVezy’s service fee on the overall booking. If cancelled 7 days or less from the date of rental the full amount of the rental will be forfeited and the rental amount will be forwarded to My Vancation minus RVezy’s service fee.
*My Vancation reserves the right to cancel a reservation at any time (including at pick-up). Examples of this could stem from the following: changes in business conditions, natural disasters, a situation where it would be unsafe to release the van rental. This includes but is not limited to a renter showing up intoxicated or otherwise unable to safely operate the vehicle. In the event My Vancation initiates the cancellation, a full refund will be issued.
Breakdowns and Delays:
As with any automobile rental, there is always a risk of it having some sort of mechanical failure at some point. Each of our vans have been inspected and maintained by a local licensed mechanic who specializes in imported vehicles. All of our vans do carry 24/7 roadside assistance. Please understand that this roadside assistance does not apply to any sort of off road activity and any sort of expense related to off roading will be absorbed by the renter. My Vacation is not responsible for any additional costs or fees associated with your rental that arise from, off-road driving. Also please understand that there are still many areas on Vancouver Island that do not have cellular coverage so if an issue does arise, it may take some time for the renter to reach someone to help.
For breakdowns that last 24 hrs or longer (due to normal wear and tear), My Vancation will refund the daily rental rate for the amount of time the van is out of service however the renter is responsible for any lodging/transportation/food while the rental vehicle is out of service. We will get repairs completed in the most efficient and timely manner possible. If My Vancation does have an idle rental and you are within a reasonable distance to Ladysmith, BC we will do our best to get you a replacement van. The renter is responsible for returning the vehicle back to the original pick up location.
Cleaning Fee: All of our vans have a mandatory cleaning fee of $50, regardless of the duration of the rental.
Toll fees and traffic fines: Renter is responsible for any toll fees and/or traffic fines that may arise during their rental.
Waiver of Liability: My Vancation is not responsible for any personal items that are left in our vans at any point. My Vancation and any of its owners, operators, employees, are not responsible for any theft, damage or loss at any point during the duration of the rental. Renters, guests, and family members will hold harmless My Vancation, it’s Owners, Officers, Employees, and Directors for any and all liability issues or personal injuries in conjunction to the rental of one of our vans, including it’s operation and use.
My Vancation is not responsible for any costs arising from animal impact (example: running over a deer).
My Vancation is not responsible for any trip planning, however we are more than happy to offer suggestions on where to go on Vancouver Island.